Fall Cleanup information Click Here
Flushing of Hydrants Granville Ferry
Granville Ferry hydrants will be flushed on September 22, 2021
Customers may experience some pressure fluctuations.
The water may become cloudy but is still safe to drink.
County of Annapolis offices in Annapolis Royal and Lawrencetown are open to the public.
Hours of service will be 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
BEFORE YOU COME TO OUR OFFICE . . .
Although open to the public, we continue to operate under a Declared State of Emergency. Please take into consideration the following before coming to our office:
- Consider the reason for your visit – Staff are available by phone and email to answer questions and arrange many services you may need. If you need to speak with a specific employee, please contact them by phone or email in advance to arrange an appointment. To View the Staff Directory Click Here
- Payments - Tax, sewer, and water payments may be made through automated teller machines, telpay / internet banking services and pre-authorized payment plans. Cheque payments may also be left in the drop box at the Annapolis Royal Office.
- COVID-19 Protocols – Please review our protocols below prior to your visit:
New Posts To This Site
- County Internet
- Fall Hiking/Walking Series is Back for 2021!
- Employment Opportunity - Maintenance Technician (CUPE Local 4549)
- Let's Talk Accessibility
- RFP Land Planning: Comprehensive Planning Strategy and Land By-Law Review
- Subcribe to NEWS
- Geocaching - Harvest Moon Trailway GeoArt Passport Series
- Glyphosate Questionnaire
At Albany Cross, approximately 25 kms from Middleton, on Route 10 (4081, Hwy 10), you’ll find Annapolis County’s Shannon River Canoe Access Park which officially opened to the public in October 2000. The Park is one of two Millennium projects completed by the Municipality in the Year 2000.
Shannon River Canoe Access Park is the gateway to a number of paddling opportunities in Annapolis County. It is strategically located for public access to the Shannon River, McGill Lake and Big Molly Upsim, and if you are paddling east, Shannon Lake and then into the Nictaux River. Recreation Services has created a parking lot, picnic area, canoe rest and a place for the public to launch canoes/kayaks.
An initiative that began with Canoe Annapolis County, Shannon River Canoe Access Park was created in response to the issues that were identified, such as a need for providing canoe access points and the protection of traditional canoe carries/portages.
Please remember to plan your trip well, exercise caution when paddling and always tell someone where you’re going and when you plan to return. We recommend you use Energy Mines & Resources 1:50,000 topographic maps.
For more information on paddling opportunities in Annapolis County, visit Canoe Annapolis County – A Paddler’s Guide to Outdoor Adventure