General Waste Information
Garbage rules remain the same (Blue Bag 1 – paper & paper products; Blue Bag 2 – recyclables, cans, plastics, cartons, foam polystyrene products; 3 Clear Bags and 1 Black bag – all other garbage). Please ensure your waste is sorted appropriately to avoid being left behind.
Check Out our new Waste Collection Map Click Here
- New Annapolis County compost carts are currently being delivered to residential properties, this process began September 24th and will take approximately 7 weeks to complete.
- The lid of some of the new carts is slightly warped, this is normal during shipping and will right itself over time.
- All waste should be placed roadside by 7 am on your regular collection day
- If you have not received your new compost cart, place all compost roadside in compostable bags on collection day
- Valley Waste Green carts will be emptied by waste collectors on your regular garbage day – once dumped don’t use it
- Leave Valley Waste green carts in a safe location at or near roadside for pick up by Valley Waste – once dumped don’t use it
Some Reasons Garbage Wasn’t Picked Up
Too many black bags; too many clear bags; garbage out late to curb; recyclables unclean; paper and recyclables in same bag; non-recyclables in clear bag; non-compostables in compost receptacle; materials frozen to ground/receptacle; cardboard not bundled properly; bags too heavy (up to 15kg); obstacles preventing pick up (snow, vehicles etc)
Cottage/Seasonal Community Bins
Cottage/Seasonal community bins are being replaced with temporary bins until a permanent solution is in place.