Council Highlights: August 16, 2016
Please be advised, this document represents only highlights taken from the Municipal Council meeting. If you wish to see the Council meeting in its entirety, it will be posted to the Annapolis County Municipal Channel.
· The Municipality approved a bookstore discount of up to 40% off the approved retail rate for the 2016 3rd Edition of the Canoe Annapolis County Guide.
· The Municipality will enter into an operating agreement with the Port Lorne Community Hall Association to maintain a piece of property as a local scale community garden park.
· Municipal staff has been authorized to initiate the road naming process to name the existing driveway access road in Granville Ferry.
· Municipal Council will be preparing a letter acknowledging their approval of a potential Snowbirds air display in August 2017.
· The Municipality has received an application for an East End Area amendment of the Municipal Planning Strategy Future Land Use Map to change existing residential designation of the Penman property to the Nictaux commercial designation. A Public Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 7:00 pm at the Nictaux Fire Hall.
· Municipal Election update: People can put their name forward if they are interested in working as a Deputy Returning Officer or Poll Clerk by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (902) 532-0232. For more information on the Municipal election, visit AnnapolisCounty.ca, contact Carolyn Young, Returning Officer, at (902) 532-3136 or email@example.com.
· Municipal Council will send a letter to the Nova Scotia Provincial Lotteries & Casino Corporation requesting that they re-instate past programs that encouraged responsible gambling.
· The Warden and Clerk were authorized to sign the agreement with Gary Parker Excavating Ltd for who were awarded Tender for the Moose River Waterline Realignment project (Phase 1).