Council Highlights: June 21, 2016
Please be advised, this document represents only highlights taken from the Municipal Council meeting. If you wish to see the Council meeting in its entirety, it will be posted to the Annapolis County Municipal Channel (AnnapolisCounty.ca).
· Proclamation – June is Recreation Month
· Municipal Election update: Municipal Council has set Friday, August 26, 2016, as the final day for receiving applications for amendments to the preliminary electors list. Also, the first advance poll day has been set for Saturday, October 8, 2016. For more information on the Municipal election visit AnnapolisCounty.ca or contact Carolyn Young, Returning Officer, at (902) 532-3136 or email@example.com
· Municipal Council approved $25,000 for repairs at Raven Haven Beachside Family Park.
· As a municipal partner of Valley Waste-Resource Management, Municipal Council approved the borrowing of $399,000 for the purchase of three pick-up trucks, one RTV utility vehicle, one roll-off truck and the replacement of the outbound scale at the Eastern Management Centre.
· Municipal Council approved community grants, as presented. (Refer to June 21st Council online video to hear complete list).
· A letter of congratulations will be forwarded to Heather O’Donnell of Bridgetown, winner of the female division of the 2016 Bluenose Marathon.
· Municipal Council will provide a grant in the amount of $5,000 to the Middleton District Rick Commission to assist with improvements to the arena.
· Municipal Council approved the payments from the School Trust bank account to Bridgetown Regional High School for disbursement of student prizes on graduation night of $3,125 and $550; and $4,200 be made available to disburse to educational institutions upon request of scholarship/award recipients.
· May will be recognized as Lyme Disease Awareness Month in Annapolis County.
· Municipal Council authorized the release of $3,000 from the dry hydrant grant program to Nictaux & District Volunteer Fire Department to develop a new dry hydrant in Torbrook and a new one in Albany.
· The new road name in Bridgetown being recommended to the NS Department of Transportation & Infrastructure Renewal for final approval is Cromwell Court; with the alternate name being Rainbow Lane.
· Municipal Council will provide a letter of official acknowledgement and recognition of the Jubilee Park community group for raising the balance of funds needed $5,500.
· Municipal Council will participate in a regional Council/Commission meeting, including the Town of Annapolis Royal, the Town of Middleton and the Village of Lawrencetown, to discuss options around the development of regional recreation services and facilities.
· Canoe Annapolis County – Municipal Council has adjusted the price of the 3rd Edition Canoe Annapolis County Guide to be $20 (tax included).
· Municipal Council will permit members of the Annapolis Royal Wharf Association, or their agents, to have access to municipal property (PID#0532113) for research and preparation of the wharf development project.