Bylaw Enforcement / Animal Control
- Dog Registration (County residents have the option to register their dog on a volunteer basis for a one-time fee of $25.00. The registration can be transferred to a subsequent dog, with the registration information updated. A fee of $5.00 is required for a replacement tag. If your dog has been picked up by Animal Control a tag must be purchased before it will be released.)
- Trap-Neuter-Return Program
- Lost and Found Dogs and Cats
- Neighbours livestock out of fence
- Dangerous & Unsightly Premises
Bylaw enforcement officers are available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday except holidays. Emergency after-hours services for fierce and dangerous or injured animals is available between 4:30 p.m. and 8:30 a.m. by calling the 902-584-3693 and calls will be checked periodically. Messages may be left outside of regular hours regarding non-emergency matters which will be responded to during regular working hours.
Bylaw Enforcement / Animal Control Officers are not available evenings or weekends but if the situation is an emergency (a serious situation or occurrence that happens unexpectedly and demands immediate action), please call RCMP and your information will be forwarded to a Bylaw Enforcement / Animal Control Officer.
Cruelty concerns/complaints such as abandonment, neglect or abuse must be reported to the Provincial SPCA Office at 902-835-4798 or toll-free 1-888-703-7722 or firstname.lastname@example.org